The Lonza is looking for a Group Leader to join our Product Characterisation team, part of our Analytical Services department. The role will provide strong leadership to direct reports to enable them to be a highly scientific team by imparting scientific knowledge and experience through pro-active performance management, mentoring and coaching. This is a permanent role based in Slough, UK
- Considerable experience in the analysis of recombinant proteins and providing data for regulatory submissions.
- Proven ability to deliver multiple complex analytical projects to agreed timelines and resource plans.
- Demonstrated line management responsibility or supervision, either direct or matrix.
- Experience of working and organising studies performed to GMP.
- Demonstrated use of lean / 6 Sigma skills.
- Experience of working for a contract research organisation.
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Scheduling and prioritisation (with input from appropriate management) of resources for on time delivery of studies for both internal and external customers.
- Management review of Study Protocols and Reports for studies and ensure that studies are delivered to the appropriate scientific and technical quality.
- Identification of new technology opportunities and assay improvements in concert with appropriate internal resources to ensure characterisation activities maintain a competitive advantage.
- Ensure development of technical and scientific skills for direct reports to maintain quality of all activities delivered to internal and external customers
- Resource management to ensure delivery of operational excellence and efficiency projects.
- Presentation and representation of analytical services activities to customers as required.
Deadline: Monday, 24 December 2015
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities