The National Investigation Agency invites application from reputed individuals for competent Biology Expert for engagement / empanelment as Scientific resource persons or consultants who are keen to work in agency on short term contract basis against the following posts initially for a period of 01 year which can be extended further as per mutual consent.
- M.Sc. Degree in Human Biology/ Microbiology/. Zoology/ Anthropology (Physical)/ Botany or M.Sc. in Forensic Science with Biology/ Zoology as one of the subjects at B.Sc. level· from a recognised university
- Three years’ experience in a Biological Laboratory
- Doctorate Degree 1n Human Biology/ Microbiology/ Zoology/ Anthropology (Physical)/ Botany.
- Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of DG, NIA in case of candidates otherwise well qualified
- They should not reveal the official nature of work to outsiders and must maintain confidentiality.
|Employer||National Investigation Agency|
|Salary||Fixed Remuneration: Rs. 60000|
- Assist the Investigator in investigation of crime where explosive have been used. Identify the presence of chemical materials and I or narcotic drugs of the scene of crime .
- Collect the clue material from scene of crime. Collect the biological material from scene of crime.
- Preparation of DNA profile from samples for use at later stage for identification of victims.
- Identify the biological materials on scene of crime, collect the relevant exhibits from the scene of crime, preserve and seal it properly .
- Scientific analysis and examination of collected materials/ exhibits and his opinion.
The application forms can be downloaded from NIA website (www.nia.gov.in ) . The completed application in the prescribed format along with requisite documents may be sent by Regd / Speed post to Dy Inspector General (Adm) , NIA Hqrs, 7th Floor, NDCC-II Building, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001.
The last date of receipt of applications is 25.04. 2016.
The NIA Act was enacted on 31-12-08 and the National Investigation Agency (NIA) was born. At present NIA is functioning as the Central Counter Terrorism Law Enforcement Agency in India. NIA has registered and investigated 93 cases till date. After submission of chargesheets, 13 cases have been finally or partially decided in trial. Of these, 11cases have ended in conviction giving NIA an enviable conviction percentage of 85%.