The AstraZeneca US is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Biotech Process Engineer SME who will be accountable for delivering the technical aspects of biotechnology facility projects. This is a global role and the successful applicant will need to have global mobility.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or related field and at least 10 years of industrial experience; OR Master’s degree or PhD. in related field with at least 7 years of industrial experience
- MBA, or related business experience is a plus
- Professional Engineering license is a plus
- Relevant experience in a commercial biopharmaceutical bulk manufacturing or Biotechnology development environment is required.
- Must possess in-depth technical and operational knowledge of unit operations used in biotechnology manufacturing including bioreactor cell culture, filtration, ultrafiltration, centrifugation, and chromatography. Must possess a working knowledge of manufacturing support equipment (autoclaves, washers, etc.), clean utility systems and HVAC concepts for clean manufacturing.
- Experience also with the process engineering function of one of the large engineering services firms routinely serving the Biopharmaceutical industry would be considered a plus.
- Must understand the process of technical transfer and how internal process and technical knowledge is used by our outside Engineering firms to drive their own internal project execution processes.
- Thorough knowledge of current GMP regulations and an understanding of regulatory agency expectations and current industry practices as they relate to equipment and facilities.
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- The Biotech Process Engineer will need to understand corporate business goals and convert them into technical solutions. This position requires business leadership in additional to a strong technical background.
- This person will lead technical definition for biotechnology facility capital projects as part of a cross-functional team and will be responsible for supporting ongoing operations with technical support to address operational problems as required.
- Provide technical input and directions during capital project design from concept through detailed design and equipment selection.
- Develop and implement engineering strategy and design that outlines facility and equipment requirements to achieve delivery of network production requirements.
- Monitoring flow of information between vendors, contractors and internal resources to deliver design intent and meet quality standards
- Support Project Management during capital project execution addressing technical questions and performing quality checks to ensure successful delivery of the business driver for the project.
Closes Wednesday, 27 January 2016
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.