The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) is a premier research organization in frontier areas of modern biology. The objectives of the Centre are to conduct high quality basic research and training in frontier areas of modern biology, and promote centralized national facilities for new and modern techniques in the inter-disciplinary areas of biology.
Centre for Cellular and molecular biology, Hyderabad, invites applications from candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens, to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph. D. Degree. The projects offered for Ph.D. would be in the broad areas of Cell Biology, molecular biology, Genetics, Genomics, Developmental Biology, Nanobiology, Plant molecular biology, Conservation Biology, Ecology, Protein Structure and Function, Biology of Macromolecules, Biology of Infection, Epigenetics, Chromatin Biology and Bioinformatics.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in any branch of science or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Pharmacy or Medicine having a valid National level fellowship (JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g., CSIR, UGC, DBT, ICMR, etc.), DST-INSPIRE or any other equivalent fellowship can only apply. Valid fellowship is an absolute requirement for pursuing PhD at this Centre.
- Candidates qualified only for lecturer-ship in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 07.11.2015 which is relaxable by 5 years as per GoI rules for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
How to Apply
- Candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their applications online by 07.11.2015. Candidates selected for the written test will be intimated through email by 14.11.2015.
- Written Test and Interview : The online applications will be screened and the eligible candidates will be called for written test on 09.12.2015 at CCMB, Hyderabad.
- Candidates qualified in the written test will have to appear for interview on 10.12.2015 and 11.12.2015. Candidates selected in the interview will be asked to stay for discussions on 12.12.2015. Travelling Allowance is not payable by CCMB and candidates have to make their own arrangements for stay, etc. at Hyderabad.
- Candidates qualified in CSIR-UGC-NET or ICMR-JRF or DBT-JRF or any other equivalent fellowship such as DST-Inspire can also walk in on the day of the written test (9th December 2015) at 8 AM into CCMB along with proof of their qualification for the respective fellowship.
Application Fee: NA