The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology. The current research themes include: Computational and structural biology, genetics and epigenetics, silkmoth genomics, molecular pathogenesis, cancer and stem Cell Biology, cell signalling, and molecular and cellular biology(The details are listed on our website www.cdfd.org.in). CDFD invites applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to our Research Scholars program. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to apply for the Ph.D. program of Manipal University or University of Hyderabad.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- Research Scholar
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Masters degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute OR M.B.B.S. Candidates who have not completed their final year/ fourth semester examination are not eligible for RSP-II-2015.
- Candidates (other than MBBS graduates) must have cleared the CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/BINC/INSPIRE NET/UGC-RGNF (for SC/ST candidates)/ or JEST for JRF. Candidates who are within the Top 50 Ranks of Biotechnology [BT], Life Sciences [XL] or Chemistry [CY] stream of GATE examination may also apply. Candidates having qualified for the Project-JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme [which is only for a period of two years] and those who have qualified DBT JRF NET with aB.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree, are not eligible to apply. MBBS candidates are exempted from any of the eligibility tests mentioned herein.
- Admission to CDFD.Research Scholars program is based on a 2-tier system involving a written / LAN based examination followed by interview of candidates who have qualified the written / LAN based examination. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear for the CDFD RSP-II-2015 examination and interview who produce proof of having cleared the CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE NET/UGC-RGNF (for SC/ST candidates)/ or JEST for JRF or have qualified BINC examination conducted by theDBT with fellowship or GATE (All India Top 50 Ranks in BT, XL or CY) or JEST.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions may register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM- II- 2015 by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form online at www.cdfd.org.in
- Applications may also be made on plain paper as per the format displayed on our website. Candidates applying off-line may send their application form alongwith the certificates in support of Date of Birth, Educational qualifications, Caste and NET fellowship etc., to “The Head – Administration, Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Office Block: 2nd Floor, Bldg.7, Gruhakalpa, 5-4-399/B, M. J. Road, Nampally, Hyderabad- 500 001”.