Centre for Human Genetics (CHG), Bangalore conducts advanced research, teaching and training in areas which lie at the interface of modern genetics and medicine. In addition, the Centre provides comprehensive clinical services, including genetic counselling for a range of genetic disorders and inborn errors of metabolism. The Centre conducts intensive short-term courses and training programmes in human disease genetics and molecular cytogenetics, which attract young scientists and clinicians from across the country. With generous assistance from the Government of Karnataka, the Centre provides, free of cost, diagnostic and genetic counselling services to BPL families. The Centre is located in a 20-acre institutional area within a Biotech Park being developed by the Government of Karnataka in Electronics City in south Bangalore.
MSc Admission for Academic Year 2015:
Applications are invited for a 2-year Master’s degree programme in Human Disease Genetics at the Centre. The degree will be provided by University of Mysore.
About the Programme
- This will be a unique interdisciplinary program at the interface of modern biology and medicine.
- It will cover fundamental biology, human genetics and genomics, clinical genetics, genetic counselling, population biology and statistics.
- The course will consist of lectures, laboratory work, seminars and discussions.
- There will be a strong component of research, case studies and activity-based learning.
- The programme can be viewed as a first step towards a professional career in human genetics, disease diagnostics and allied biomedical fields, or advanced studies leading to a Ph.D. or MD (for those with a medical degree).
Eligibility: A Bachelor’s degree in any area of biology or medicine. Motivated candidates with an undergraduate degree from other streams can also apply.
Programme commencing date: Monday, 3rd August 2015
Contact Details :
- Queries and correspondence: email@example.com;
- Mobile : +91 (0) 9482864314
- Address: Centre for Human Genetics, Biotech Park, Electronic City Phase I, Bangalore 560 100