The Croucher Foundation is a private endowment set up in 1979 and permanently domiciled in Hong Kong, with the objective of promoting excellence in natural sciences, technology and medicine in Hong Kong. One of the Foundation’s regular funding initiatives is to provide financial support for promising young people in Hong Kong to pursue scientific research at postdoctoral and doctoral levels. The Croucher Fellowships offered by the Croucher Foundation Limited (“the Foundation”) are intended to enable applicants who are permanent residents of Hong Kong to devote themselves to a period of full-time research in natural sciences, medicine or technology in approved academic institutions outside Hong Kong. Applicants who are already receiving full financial support from their proposed host institutions/supervisors need not apply.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted to the Croucher Foundation online. For the 2016-17 selection exercise, applications should be submitted by 5 p.m. (Hong Kong time) on 16th November 2015 at the latest.
While proceeding with your application, please invite two referees to provide signed letters of reference for you (with your full name) under confidential cover to be sent to email@example.com (in PDF), or fax to (852) 2730 0742 by the deadline above.
Please make sure the following documents in PDF format (each not exceeding 8MB) have been uploaded to your application:
- Document, up to 6 pages in length, including:
- Proposal describing the research to be undertaken which should include the names of potential supervisors and their research groups. To ensure fairness in competition to all applicants, a proposal once submitted cannot be amended;
- Description of the candidate’s research experience, and a list of publications;
- Copies of the applicant’s HKCEE and HKALE certificates (or equivalent) and transcripts of his/her university records;
- Copies of reprints of the applicant’s three most significant publications (if applicable); and
- One set of relevant documentation to provide proof of identity in respect of the applicant’s status as a permanent resident of Hong Kong which is pre-requisite to the award. (For applicants who choose to use their ID card copies, please make sure that both sides of the ID card must be provided. The Foundation is not prepared to take an application any further if there is doubt of the residential status of an applicant upon incomplete documentation.)