The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Engineering Group Leader with team supervision/management and small projects experience to join our Engineering department based at their facility in Slough, UK. Your primary responsibility will be to manage our Utility maintenance team, the day to day technical support of our manufacturing facility and the management of small projects.
- The successful candidate will have had some experience during their career of working in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology (GMP) environment.
- Previous leadership experience within a small team (this may be a project team)
- System Expertise
- You will need to have a good working knowledge of the Orange guide and Industry guidance (such as ISPE).
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Steam boilers, Water systems (WFI, DI) and air handling equipment
- Experience of Bioprocess such as fermentation, bioprocessors, concentration, diafiltration and filtration systems
- Computer literate and with good written and spoken skills
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Analyse current available data to identify equipment reliability issues
- Lead small projects to identify root causes of failures and the associated counter measures to improve the reliability of key assets
- Review and develop maintenance/calibration/critical spares, planning using the tools to ensure correct level of equipment availability for current and new equipment
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counter measure used until an acceptable level of reliability is achieved
- Support and drive planned maintenance/calibration schedules to meet target of 90% on time completion of planned work
- Develop equipment life cycle with refurbishment/replacement plan
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities