The Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Food Safety Applications Scientist who has good knowledge of molecular Instrumentation and can work in multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology/ molecular biology/ microbiology
- Experience : 2+ Yrs
- Possess appropriate skill and knowledge of molecular instrumentation and microbiology for dealing with and resolving relevant issues involving microbiology, PCR chemistry, applications, general operations, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Track record and experience managing both complex personal tasks and team work.
- Astute attention to detail and accuracy
- Have the ability to self-manage and motivate. Able to learn quickly and work independently or in team environments and work under some pressure. Outstanding in time and task management.
- Ability to apply Critical thinking to evaluate and organize data to find trends and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret all data obtained, prepare graphs and reports.
- Ability to Document Laboratory progress and results electronically and/or in laboratory.
|Employer||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.|
|Location||Lenexa, KS, USA|
- The Food Safety Applications Scientist will support new and current food safety products by assisting internal and external customers with applications requests and technical data generation. This will support customer acquisition, preparation of applications notes and other marketing and sales collateral. This individual will be the key liaison between the commercial team and R&D support for testing customer samples. This individual will also be key liaison between product management and marketing for generating technical information supporting product and proof of concepts data.
- Responsible for developing food safety applications for MBD food safety solutions and systems of customer samples.
- Work effectively in a highly matrixed environment with product management, R&D, business development, regional marketing, product specialists and the sales and marketing organization
- Generate results and data derived from customer samples or supporting information to help regional and global marketing produce sales and marketing collateral such as application notes, webinars, slide decks and white papers.
- Responsible for testing and validating customer samples and establishing successful food safety solutions that would integrate existing and emergent Thermo Scientific products to effectively address the needs of the food microbiology market.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.