The Cactus Communications employs a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors.
- A Post Doc/PhD/Master’s/Bachelor’s degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in the life sciences, physical sciences and engineering, healthcare, medicine and surgery, and social sciences
- Excellent English editing skills and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
- Detailed Subject Area list: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Evolutionary Biology, Developmental Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Biomaterials, Biophysics, Biostatistics, Systems Biology, Physiology, Nanobiotechnology, Genetics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Toxicology, Drug Design & Development, Plant & Animal Genetics, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Ecology, Taxonomy, Botany, Zoology, Neurosurgery, Computational Neuroscience
|Location||Worldwide – Telecommute|
|Salary||Up to USD 4000 monthly|
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
Deadline: Monday, 28 December 2015
Cactus Communications, Inc. is a global scientific communications company serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries by offering editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and companies worldwide. Their mission is to accelerate the development of global scientific research, by helping science break through the confines of geography and language. To this end, they employ a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields.