The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017) online examinations will be held on February 4, 5, 11 and 12 next year (2017). Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is the organising institute for the exam.
Other important details:
1) GATE online application processing system (GOAPS) website will open for enrollment, application filling, application submission on September 1, 2016.
2) The last date for submission of online application is October 4, 2016.
3) The last date for request for change in the choice of examination city is November 16, 2016.
4) The date for availability of admit card for printing is January 5, 2017.
5) The results will be announced on March 27, 2017.
The GATE, is an all-India entrance test to screen candidates for their comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering, technology, architecture and postgraduate level subjects in science.
Admission to postgraduate courses (master’s and doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other government scholarships/assistantships in engineering, technology, architecture and science is open to those who qualify GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment.
The GATE score is valid for three years. There is no restriction in the number of attempts for taking the test.
What is new in GATE 2017
The XE paper will now have a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (Section H). So the number of Sections in the XE paper will go up to eight (A-H).