The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Head of External Quality to ensure the provision of Quality support for Lonza Customers in batch manufacturing and testing. Facilitate Customer audits and Regulatory inspections. Ensure all Lonza internal and external auditing commitments are met. Adhere to all relevant GMP and Lonza Quality Standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent experience
- Significant relevant experience gained in a GMP environment with customers and regulators
- Significant experience gained in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to lead, coach and inspire individuals and teams to set and achieve breakthrough performance goals
- Strong business and interpersonal skills and be a persuasive communicator – written, oral and active listening
- Demonstrated ability to recognise critical problems, manage ambiguity and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- A performance management mindset, setting high performance standards, leading by example and holding others accountable
- Ability to develop and mentor individuals for future leadership roles and succession planning
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Lead, manage and develop the External Quality Team.
- Manage direct reports resource to assure team objectives and responsibilities are met. Manage and escalate major and critical compliance issues through the site PQS processes.
- Apply GMP regulations consistently. Expand compliance knowledge base and mentor others to expand on-site compliance knowledge.
- Utilise knowledge of GMP and quality processes to advise non-QA functions on compliance issues via interaction with the relevant personnel.
- To ensure excellent Quality relationships and delivery with customers, in support of their business with Lonza. Actively develop, mentor, train and instil a site GMP culture.
- Completion of all core GMP and relevant training and maintaining own training status
Deadline: Friday, 18 December 2015
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities