The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Head of Microbiology to join our Quality Control team based in Slough, UK.
As Head of Microbiology you will provide strong leadership and support to the QC Microbiology teams through pro-active performance management, mentoring and coaching. This will enable the teams to provide microbiology support for the site and our external customers. Your teams will deliver through flawless execution and with the highest standards of science and quality with adherence to all relevant GMP and Lonza Quality Standards.
- Significant relevant microbiology experience gained in a GMP environment.
- Proven ability to discuss microbiology topics with customers and regulators.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and inspire individuals and teams.
- Proven track record of planning and delivering projects and programmes to agreed timescales.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a persuasive communicator – written, oral and active listening.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise critical problems, manage ambiguity and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to build good relationships with customers.
- Ability to develop and mentor individuals for future management roles and provide succession planning.
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Line management responsibility for QC Microbiology teams which includes Microbiology Group Leaders and relevant Subject Matter Experts.
- Management and deployment of team resources to maintain agreed testing schedules, control bottleneck processes and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity and flexibility within QC.
- Actively leading the daily governance of departmental safety and GMP compliance to deliver a safe and GMP compliant workplace.
- Review and sign off completed Drug Substance and Drug Product CofAs and SoTs for batch release.
- Maintaining effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics to deliver breakthrough performance in process control, EHS (Environment, Health & Safety), GMP compliance, quality, cost, people management and customer service.
- Operating as a key member of the QC management team to establish collective priorities and remove barriers to progress.
Closes Wednesday, 23 December 2015
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities