The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology is an international, nonprofit research organization. Established as a special project of UNIDO, it became fully autonomous in 1994 and now counts over 60 Member States. The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative research in life sciences for the benefit of developing countries. It strengthens the research capability of its Members through training and funding programmes and advisory services and represents a comprehensive approach to promoting biotechnology internationally.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
- Molecular Medicine, Plant Biology and Integrative Biology
Eligibility for Admissions:
- First class (60% or equivalent grade) M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfillment of the above requirements at the time of joining.
- The applicant should have cleared any one of following examination: CSIR-UGC, ICMR, DBT (I), DST-INSPIRE, BINC or any other equivalent JRF examination and fellowships must be valid for at least four years.
How to Apply
- Applications MUST be filled online (visit website www.icgeb.res.in/phd2016 for detailed instructions and online submission).
- Print the online receipt and the admit card, generated after the successful online submission.
- Send the signed hard copy of the online receipt along with (i) a crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable), in favour of “ICGEB, New Delhi”, payable at New Delhi (ii) documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), if applicable to The Administrative officer, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi – 110067 by 30 April 2016
- The envelope should be clearly marked with “Application for Ph.D. Programme –2016”. Eligible candidates will be called for a written exam on June 13th, 2016. Candidates shortlisted based on the results of written exam will be interviewed on June14th & 15th, 2016. Visit our website http://www.icgeb.org/research-groups-Delhi.html for more details on the research groups. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Fee: INR 500