The IISER Mohali was established in 2007 by the Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), to carry out research in frontier areas of science and to provide quality science education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates for admission to the PhD Program at IISER Mohali in the areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Earth & Environmental Science and Humanities& Social Sciences for the session beginning in January 2016. Candidates interested in pursuing research in interdisciplinary areas are also encouraged to apply.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- The applicant should have a Masters degree/ B.Tech/ MBBS/ M.Tech with a good academic record and should be GATE/ CSIR or UGC-NET/ JEST/ NBHM-JRF/JGEEBILS (TIFR/NCBS)/ GPAT/ ICMR-JRF/ DBT-JRF/DST-INSPIRE qualified in the relevant subject.
- Department of Biological sciences : The applicant should have M. Sc./ B. Tech/ MBBS/ M. Tech or equivalent degree and should have a valid GATE(Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Ecology and Evolution) / CSIR-UGC-NET/ JGEEBILS (TIFR/ NCBS)/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire fellowship.
- Department of Chemical Sciences : The applicant should have M. Sc. degree in Chemistry/ Physics (with a minimum of 55% marks) or equivalent degree and should have a valid NET/ GATE/ DST-Inspire fellowship in Chemistry/ Physics.
How to Apply
- Prospective candidates should apply online using the “Online Application Facility” by visiting the website at http://www.iisermohali.ac.in. Short-listed candidates will be invited for a screening-test/interview at IISER Mohali.
- Note : Candidates facing difficulty with the online application may send the required information by speed post/courier. The Institute will go by the date of dispatch, which should be prior to the deadline of October 30, 2015.
Application Fee: NA