The Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), an autonomous institute has been brought under the fold of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India in August 2002. The institute is located in close proximity to other research institutions at Bhubaneswar. The institute was earlier established on February 11, 1989 and was under the administrative and financial control of Department of Science and Technology, Government of Orissa. Prime minister of India dedicated the institute to the nation on July 15, 2003 with a declaration to develop the institute as a “National Centre for Excellence”.
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for the PhD program in Bioinformatics
Research Area: Bioinformatics
- Candidates should have passed their M. Tech/M. Pharm/MCA/M.Sc. (any branch of science)/M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Those awaiting final results may also apply.
- Candidates should have qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC-lectureship or ICMR-JRF or DBTcategory I/II or DST-INSPIRE or DBT-BINC or GATE or equivalent national fellowship. If original certificate is not available, candidate should provide the original admit card and a photocopy of the particular result page where his roll number is mentioned.
Preferred : Good programming skills in at least one of the following language: Perl/Python/C/C++/JAVA.
- Candidates, who were interviewed for the Ph.D. program in the last two rounds (July-2014 and November- 2014) are not eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit of the candidate should be below 28 years, as of 30th Apr., 2015. Age relaxation will be given for five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/women/PH and three years in case ofOBC (as approved by Govt. of India).
- If selected for the PhD program, candidate having a national fellowship will be required to activate the fellowship as per the norms of the agency. Institute of Life Sciences will provide an equivalent fellowship to all other selected candidates not having the national fellowship. Depending on the vacancy, the Ph.D. students will be provided hostel facility.
- Interview will be conducted in two rounds. To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to second sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates selected for the 2nd round of interview.
- Age : The upper age limit of the candidate should be below 28 years, as of 31st May, 2015. Age relaxation will be given for five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/women/PH and three years in case of OBC (as approved by Govt. of India) candidates
Application Fees: Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar along with duly filled-in application form by the date mentioned below. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Last date of receiving applications : 22nd May, 2015.
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions on the Institute website: 29th May, 2015.
- Date of interview : The interview will be organized on 30th June
Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form available at ILS website. Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be sent to the Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023. The application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should clearly be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. program in Bioinformatics”.