The Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), an autonomous institute has been brought under the fold of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India in August 2002. The institute is located in close proximity to other research institutions at Bhubaneswar. The institute was earlier established on February 11, 1989 and was under the administrative and financial control of Department of Science and Technology, Government of Orissa. Prime minister of India dedicated the institute to the nation on July 15, 2003 with a declaration to develop the institute as a “National Centre for Excellence”.
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for the PhD programme in the following areas,
- Antibiotic resistance, biofilm and bacterial pathogenesis : Dr. D.V. Singh
- Role of miRNA in development of Tam resistant breast cancer and ERR beta in breast tumor angiogenesis : Dr. S.K. Mishra
- Development of vertebrate vascular and haematopoietic system : Dr. R.K. Swain
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc. (any branch of science)/M. Tech/M. Pharm/M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade point).
- Candidates should have qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC-lectureship orUGC-RGNF or ICMRJRF or DBT-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE (40% or above) or ICAR-NET. They should have qualified in any one of these examinations not earlier than June, 2014. If original certificate is not available, provide a photocopy of the original admit card and a photocopy of the particular result page where your roll number is mentioned.
- Age : The upper age limit of the candidate should be below 28 years, as of 31st May, 2015. Age relaxation will be given for five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/women/PH and three years in case of OBC (as approved by Govt. of India) candidates.
- Application Fees: Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar along with duly filled in application form.
- Last date of receiving applications: 11th May, 2015.
- Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute website: 18th May, 2015.
- Date of interview: The interview will start from 1st June, 2015 and a two tier interview process will be followed. Candidates qualifying the first round of interview on 1st June, 2015 have to come to the Institute for the final interview on 2nd June, 2015.
Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023. All application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Programme”.