Imperial College London is offering scholarships to high performing undergraduate or Master’s student, who have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world class research institution. Imperial College PhD Scholarships scheme aims to provide up to 50 research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
The earliest start date for funded places is 1 August 2016, the latest start date is 1 November 2016.
How to Apply:
- There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project.
- You must also attach a completed Self-nomination form [Word] which tells your department that you want to be considered for this specific scholarship scheme.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Eligible candidates will be advanced to the next review and selection process; please see the deadlines on official link.
Applications will be reviewed by a two-stage process:
- Candidates meeting or predicted to meet the eligibility requirements will be reviewed by the Department to which they have applied. Departments will select a shortlist of the very best candidates to present to the Imperial College Selection Panel for consideration.
The final decision will be made by the Imperial College Selection Panel. The members of the panel are the Vice-Provost (Research) and the Faculty Vice-Deans for Research. The Panel will consider shortlisted candidates from all Faculties. Scholarships will be awarded to the candidates who show the most potential.
- Successful candidates will receive written confirmation of their scholarship. Any offer of a PhD place will be conditional on final interview by the Department and (if applicable) on the candidate receiving the predicted qualifications.
Applicants not selected for the scholarship will automatically be considered for the PhD.