Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, deemed an institute of national importance by an Act of the Indian Parliament, strives to offer the best undergraduate engineering education in India with unmatched innovations in curriculum. The institute promotes critical thinking and an appreciation of the interdisciplinary character of knowledge, with an emphasis on the liberal arts, project oriented learning, compulsory courses in design and the life sciences, diversity and globalization.Its five-week immersion Foundation Programme for all new undergraduate students was recognized with the World Education Award 2013 by the World Education Summit for innovations in engineering education. Nearly a quarter of its undergraduate students receive study abroad experience during their academic career.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
- Biological Engineering
Eligibility for Admissions:
- At least 55% marks or 5.5 CPI marks in M.A./M.Sc./B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Above mentioned eligibility criteria is minimum at Institute level.
- The disciplines may use higher cut off levels for short listing besides giving due consideration to the way questions are answered in the application form.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria.
How to Apply
- Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The Institute will invite a limited number of candidates for a written test and interview based on the academic records, statement of purpose, etc. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
- The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), writing skills, and basic courses of various disciplines at undergraduate level. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
- The candidates called for the Test / Interview will be reimbursed any amount exceeding Rs.750/- for to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. For example, in case of total railway fare of Rs.1400/- the candidate will be reimbursed Rs.650/-. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
- In addition to the announced admission cycles with prescribed deadline of application, the Institute also considers applications any time of the year in case of exceptional candidates. Based on the qualifications of the candidates and the need of the discipline concerned, applications received are processed through duly constituted selection committees at regular intervals.
- All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application form for each discipline. On successful submission of the application form, a confirmation screen will appear with a link to download the submitted application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and all the documentary evidence (copies of testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Application Fee: There is NO application fee.