Established in 1889, the Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is one of the premier research institutions dedicated to livestock research and development of the region. The institute with faculty strength of more than 275 has a major mandate of research, teaching, consultancy and technology transfer activities. The institute with its long scientific heritage has always enjoyed a certain prestige, a tradition all of its own. The institute imparts quality post-graduate education to students not only from various parts of the country, but also from overseas. Today, the institute with its deemed to be university status contributes immensely to human resource development in the discipline of veterinary sciences with skills and knowledge necessary for the challenges of the new millennium. It awards degrees to master and doctoral programmes in more than 20 disciplines of veterinary and animal sciences, livestock products technology, basic sciences and extension education. To impart continuing education to field veterinarians, the institute also conducts diploma courses in veterinary preventive medicine, animal husbandry, veterinary biological products, animal reproduction, poultry husbandry, medicine and surgery, zoo and wild animal health care and management, meat and meat products technology.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
- Animal Biochemistry
- Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Production & Management
- Livestock Products Technology
- Poultry Science
- Vet. Microbiology
- Vet. Extension Education
- Vet. Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Vet. Medicine
- Vet. Parasitology
- Vet. Pathology
- Vet. Pharmacology
- Vet. Physiology
- Vet. Public Health & Epidemiology
- Vet. Surgery & Radiology
Eligibility for Admissions:
- The candidates for admission to PhD programme must have MVSc degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum CGPA 6.50/10.00 scale, 3.25/5.00 scale, 2.60/4.00 scale for General and OBC categories and 5.50/10.00 scale, 2.75/5.00 scale, 2.20/4.00 scale for SC/ST/ Physically challenged/ Sponsored candidates, respectively from any recognized University in India or where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured atleast 60% marks for General/OBC category.
- For SC/ST/Physically challenged/ Sponsored category candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be 50%. The minimum age for admission for Ph.D. shall be ‘23’ years and there will be no upper age limit. The age shall be reckoned as on 1st August, 2017.
How to Apply
- Information Bulletin and Application form for admission in PhD programme can either be obtained from the Assistant Administrative Officer (Academic), IVRI, Izatnagar-243122, Bareilly (UP) Or can be downloaded from Institute website (www.ivri.nic.in) and should be submitted along with printed e-receipt downloaded from the State Bank Portal, of Rs.1200/- for General/OBC/Sponsored/PH (General, OBC) category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PH(SC,ST) category candidates. The requisite fee as per applicable category can be deposited online through ‘FEES’ link in ‘Student Fee Deposit Gateway’ on the website of IVRI.
Application Fee: Rs.1200/-
Deadline: April 01, 2017 ( up to 5:00 p.m.)