The Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), an autonomous institute has been brought under the fold of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India in August 2002. The institute is located in close proximity to other research institutions at Bhubaneswar. The institute was earlier established on February 11, 1989 and was under the administrative and financial control of Department of Science and Technology, Government of Orissa. Prime minister of India dedicated the institute to the nation on July 15, 2003 with a declaration to develop the institute as a “National Centre for Excellence”.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Candidates should have passed their M.Sc. (any branch of science)/M. Tech/M. Pharm/M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade point).
- Candidates should have qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or CSIR/UGC-lectureship or UGC-RGNF or ICMRJRF or DBT-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE (35% or above) or ICAR-NET. They should have qualified in any one of these examinations not earlier than Dec, 2014. If original certificate is not available, provide a photocopy of the original admit card and a photocopy of the particular result page where your roll number is mentioned.
- Candidates, who were interviewed for the Ph.D. programme in the last two rounds (Nov, 2014 and June, 2015) are not eligible to apply.
- The upper age limit of the candidate should be below 28 years, as of 15th Dec, 2015. Age relaxation will be given for five years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/women/PH and three years in case of OBC (as approved by Govt. of India) candidates.
- If selected in the final interview, candidate having a national fellowship need to activate the fellowship as per the norms of the agency. Institute of Life Sciences will provide an equivalent fellowship to all other selected candidates not having the national fellowship. Depending on the vacancy the Ph.D. students will be provided hostel facility.
How to Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the
- Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023.
- All application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Programme”. Short-listed candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute website
Application Fee: Applicants except SC/ST candidates are required to send a non-refundable D.D. for Rs.500/- in favour of “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar” payable at Bhubaneswar along with duly filled in application form by the date mentioned below.
Deadline: 24th Nov, 2015