JAM 2016 – The Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) 2016 is the national Entrance Exam conducted in 2016 by IIT Madras for admissions to the Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc Bangalore and M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-M.S. (Research)/Ph.D. Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at IITs.
JAM has been instituted with the aim of consolidating Science as a career option for interested and bright students of the country. The IISc which is world famous for its science programmes as well as the IITs which are institutes of national importance and repute offer admissions to their various PG Programmes in science for JAM qualified candidates.
Candidates can know the complete details of the Joint Admission Test 2016 like the Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Important Dates, Counselling and more below on this page. It is to be noted that the Counselling for the IITs and the IISc Bangalore will be common while the admissions to the PG Science Programmes at the NITs and some other Centrally funded Institutes will be through CCMN 2016 based on JAM 2016 scores.
Examination Name: Joint Admission Test for M.Sc
Admissions to Courses: Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc Bangalore and M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-M.S.(Research)/Ph.D. Dual Degree and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at IITs
Organizing Institute: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Salient Features of JAM 2016:
- JAM 2016 Examination will be conducted ONLINE only as a Computer Based Test (CBT)
- There will be Seven Test Papers with objective questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), Numerical Answer Type (NAT).
- The Application Form will be Online Only
- Candidates do not need to send any hardcopies of supporting documents to the Organizing Institute. Documents have to be uploaded along with the Application Form.
- The JAM 2016 Score Card will have to be downloaded. Candidates will not be sent the score card by any other means.
JAM 2016 Eligibility Criteria: JAM 2016 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign)
JAM 2016 Exam Mode: Online
JAM 2016 Exam Pattern:
- The JAM 2016 exam will be held for 7 papers namely Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA) , Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH)
- Duration of the exam will be 3 hours and the exam will be held in English only
- There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks
- The Question Paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C and all sections are compulsory.
- Section A will contain a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying one or two marks each.
- Section B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) carrying two marks each. Section C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions carrying one or two marks
- Negative marking is existent
JAM 2016 Application Procedure:
- Candidates have to first register by providing their name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password
- Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing the enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate’s registered Email ID and Mobile No.
- Candidates must then log in to the JAM 2016 application processing website and fill in information personal details, Exam Centres, Test Papers.
- Candidates must also fill their Academic details.
- Candidates must also specify details of some valid personal ID like Aadhar ID, College ID, Driving License, Employee ID, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID
- Candidates must upload the requisite documents, Signature, photograph as specified before submitting the JAM 2016 Application Form
JAM 2016 Application Fees:
|Gender||Category||One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female Candidates||All||Rs 750/-||Rs 1050/-|
|Male & Others||General/OBC||Rs 1500||Rs 2100|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs 750||Rs 1050|
|Online Application Availability from||September 2, 2015|
|Last date for Payment of Fees through Challan||October 10, 2015|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||October 14, 2015|
|JAM 2015 Examination||February 7, 2015|
|Download of Admit Card||From December 31, 2015 onwards till February 7, 2016|
|Announcement of JAM 2015 Results||March 23, 2015|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2015 Website||April 15 to 24, 2015|
Result: The Result will be declared in March 2016. Candidates will have to download their score Card by logging in. The score Cards will not be dispatched by any other means.
JAM 2016 Main Website: http://jam.iitm.ac.in/
JAM 2016 Counselling:
- Qualified Candidates must apply only for the admissions to the IISc and IITs through the JAM Application Portal (JAPS).
- Candidates must fill in the requisite information like personal details, academic qualifications.
- They must also enter their choices for programmes and courses as per their preference.
- They must make the payment of Rs 600 through SBI Echallan towards processing fee for the Counselling
- They must submit the form and take a printout of the same for their reference.
- Admission Lists will be announced as per the merit lists.
- Candidates must pay the part admission fee as required to secure their admission
CCMN 2016: Common Counselling for M.Sc for NITs and CFTIs will be based on the JAM 2016 scores
Other Institutes that accept JAM 2016 Scores for admission:
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad (MNNIT Allahabad)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata