The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a multidisciplinary research institute situated in Jakkur, a locality north of Bangalore, India. It is relatively young yet well-known around the Globe. Our mandate is to pursue and promote world-class research and training at the frontiers of Science and Engineering covering broad areas ranging from Materials to Genetics. It provides a vibrant academic ambience hosting more than 200 Researchers.
JNCASR invites applications for mid-year admission to Ph.D/M.S programmes offered for the January Session of 2015-16
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- M.S(Engg.)/M.S.(Research) : Candidates with an M.Sc., B E, B.Tech, B.Pharm. M E, M.Tech or MBBS are eligible to apply. They should have at least 50% in their highest University examination, and should also have qualified in GATE /GPAT/UGC -/ CSIR – NET-JRF / ICMR – JRF / DBT-JRF/JEST / INSPIRE(Fellowship). The award certificate of such examination should have the validity period for seeking admission to research programme as on 1 January 2016.
- Ph.D : Candidates with an M.Sc., B E, B.Tech, B.Pharm/ M E, M.Tech or MBBS are eligible to apply. They should have at least 50% in their highest University examination, and should also have qualified in the GATE /GPAT/ UGC -/ CSIR – NET-JRF/ ICMR – JRF / DBT-JRF/JEST / INSPIRE (Fellowship). The certificate of such examination should have the validity period for seeking admission to research programme as on 1 January 2016. Generally ME/M.Tech students are required to qualify one of the exams mentioned above, however exceptional candidates without these exams may also be considered.
How to Apply
- Please fill the application form completely; an incomplete application may be rejected.(For a sample filled-in application, Click Here ). Please fill in the details using title case (Eg: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research) and avoid usage of only capital letters.
- No fee is involved to apply for these programmes. Keep the details/particulars/copy of Xth Std / XIIth Std / Bachelor’s / Masters qualification certificates / marksheets and particulars of with you before starting to fill the online application.
- Keep the particulars of GATE/JEST/INSPIRE(fellowship) or DBT/ICMR-JRF or NET-JRF under CSIR/UGC fellows scheme(like the registration number, rank, etc. as applicable) Select the National entrance test which you have qualified,the certificate of such test should have the validity period for seeking admission to Research program as on 1st January 2016
- If qualified in GATE 2014 and 2015 give your Roll Number,Rank and the Marks (out of 100) If qualified in CSIR-UGC NET for JRF conducted during Dec 2014/June 2015,select accordingly from the drop down menu and give the Roll Number and Rank If qualified in DBT JRF 2014 give the Roll Number and Rank/ marks If qualified in ICMR JRF 2014 give the Roll Number Rank/marks If qualified in JEST mention the year,Roll number and rank/marks(out of 100)
- MTech/ME candidates can enter the details of the entrance examination cleared for joining the programme
Application Fee: No Fee