The ICAR-Directorate of Medicinal Aromatic Plants Research is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Junior Research Fellow for project entitled “Dissection of pathogenesis genes of peronospora plantaginis Underwood, a fungal pathogen causing Isabgol Downy mildew disease”.
- Post Graduate in Genetics and Plant Breeding / Plant Molecular Biology /Bioinformatics / Agricultural Biotechnology or related field. OR
- Post Graduate degree in Botany / Biotechnology Bioinformatics with 3 year’s Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ Master’s Degree with NET.
- Research experience in Plant Breeding, Plant Microbe Interaction, genome analysis.
- Basic knowledge of Computer.
|Employer||ICAR-Directorate of Medicinal Aromatic Plants Research|
|Salary||Rs. 25,000/- (consolidated) + HRA per month|
- The candidates should bring with them the original certificates and self-attested photocopy/Xerox of all the certificates for verification in support of Age, Qualifications, Experience, Caste, Employment Exchange Registration Card and one Passport size photograph to be enclosed with the prescribed application while appearing for Walk-In-Interview.
- Candidates without Provisional M.Sc./PG/Ph.D. Degree certificates from the concerned University will not be eligible for appearing the Walk-in-Interview.
- Walk-In Details: Date of Interview – 23rd March 2017 Reporting Time – 02:00 PM Time of Interview – 03:00 PM Venue of Interview – ICAR – Directorate of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research, Boriavi, Anand
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research established Directorate of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants Research (formerly it was National Research Centre for Medicinal & Aromatic Plants) on November 24, 1992 in a 20.2 hectare irrigated land at Boriavi in Anand district of Gujarat. n about 2 ha land, a herbal garden with about 200 species of medicinal plants and in about 6 ha, a Arboretum with about 110 species of medicinal trees/herbs are being maintained.The remaining area is used for general cultivation and seed production of medicinal plants. This farm has wall fencing in its boundary, one 15 HP Submersible Bore well for irrigation, a farm office, a processing unit, a small garden and four poly net houses.