The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research invites applications from Indian nationals possessing excellent academic record and relevant work experience for Junior Teaching Assistant position purely on temporary and contractual basis.
- M.Sc. in any branch of Biology. Should be well-versed with basic techniques in Biochemistry and Microbiology. Must be fluent in English.
- Laboratory experience in molecular biology, microinjection and with handling of Drosophila. Minimum one year of teaching experience in terms of conducting practical at an undergraduate or +2 level lab.
- To assist in running under graduate practical, grading, keeping inventory of laboratory materials, miscellaneous institute responsibilities etc.
- Not more than 35 years as on closing date of advertisement.
|Employer||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research|
|Salary||Rs.15,600/- per month.|
How to apply:
- Interested applicants should fill online application available on https://goo.gl/kw3oxR on or before February 11, 2017.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date, time and venue will be put up on the Institute website under this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
Application Deadline – 11th February 2017
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. It was Established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. In 2012, it was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament. As a unique initiative in science education in India, IISER aims to be a Science University of the highest caliber devoted to both teaching and research in a totally integrated manner, with state-of-the-art research and high quality education, thus nurturing both curiosity and creativity.
IISER Pune has initiated a 5 years Integrated Masters programme and a post-Masters PhD programme in Integrated Sciences in an intellectually vibrant atmosphere of research. Apart from classroom instruction, IISER builds student skills in areas such as scientific inquiry, problem solving, communication skills, computational sciences, electronics and instrumentation and workshop practices. IISER plans to develop advanced teaching and research labs where students will have the opportunity to pursue experiments as well as advanced research under the mentorship of world-class faculty. Eventually, this should make education and careers in basic sciences more exciting and rewarding.