The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) is an autonomous body under the ministry of S&T, Kerala, constituted in November 2002 to be an agency for change and development through science and technology. Formerly it was the Science, Technology and Environment Committee (STEC), established in 1972 in concurrence with the Science Policy of Government of India. The council promotes and activates programs for increasing the stock of knowledge in science, and fine tunes policies which are significant and for the sustained development of humanity. The council prepares the road map for development through scientific research and innovation in technologies. Achieving excellence in basic research, academia-industry interactions, strengthening indigenous initiatives, and building strong infrastructure and developing a high quality science education system in the state are our targeted goals. This has been achieved through various schemes and programs and by the R &D organisations established by the council. KSCSTE has a State Council headed by the Chief Minister of Kerala and an Executive council chaired by the Executive Vice President (EVP).
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- For Post Doctoral Fellowship, the applicant should possess first class Masters Degree in life sciences including veterinary science, Agriculture, forestry, fisheries or Masters degree in Medicine followed by PhD with biotechnological aspects in the relevant field and with at least one publication in indexed (SCI) journals.
- The Pre-Post Doctoral fellowship is extended to candidates with first class Masters Degree in Life Science including veterinary science, Agriculture, forestry, fisheries or any Masters degree in Medicine, and who have submitted their PhD thesis with biotechnological aspects in the relevant field with at least one publication in indexed (SCI) journals.
- The Pre-Post Doctoral Fellowship will be converted to Post Doctoral Fellowship from the date of award of the Doctoral degree.
- The Fellowship is open to candidates below 35 years, but relaxable for the number of years of Post Doctoral experience upto a maximum of 5 years.
The Post Doctoral Fellowship carries an amount of Rs.25,000/- per month + HRA (10%) with an annual contingent grant of Rs.50,000/-. However, those candidates who have submitted thesis for PhD and are awaiting award of PhD, if selected for KBC Fellowship, the fellowship to be paid shall be Rs.22,000/- per month instead of Rs. 25,000/- per month till the degree is awarded.
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit their application in the prescribed format along with their detailed resume (including Email ID, telephone number, etc.), list of publications, copies of all relevant certificates (M.Sc/PhD/MD/MS Thesis submission certificate, Post Doctoral experience, age proof) and one page synopsis of research work already done.
- The applicant is advised to propose his/her place of work, consent letter from the host institution, name of the supervisor and his/her consent, and enclose one page synopsis of proposed research for availing the fellowship.
- Application should be addressed to The Chairman, Kerala Biotechnology Commission, Kerala State Council For Science Technology and Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom,Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Application Fee: NA