The BSI Group is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Medical Device Specialist – Vascular Devices who has a thorough knowledge of Medical Device regulations.
- To be successful in this role you’ll be educated with a BSc degree or PhD in a discipline relevant to medical device manufacture and use, or equivalent qualification, have thorough knowledge of the design and development of medical devices in area of experience, including the principles of design control, risk management and performance or clinical evaluation and be experienced in one or more of the following disciplines – heart valves and AAA stents.
- You’ll have thorough knowledge of Medical Device regulations, ISO 13485 and have a broad technical understanding of the medical device industry.
- Have a conceptual and analytical way of thinking, be efficient and results orientated
- Be a team player good at relationship building internally and externally
|Location||Europe – Home-based|
|Salary||Up to £65,000 plus 15% bonus|
- This role offers real diversity and variety, building, controlling and managing a portfolio of Medical Device CE marking schemes focused around your area of expertise
- In addition to reviewing and evaluating medical device technical documentation, and undertaking unannounced audits as a technical specialist, you could also be undertaking Medical Device QMS assessments or advising and mentoring colleagues or delivering external training in your areas of competence.
- Strong inter-personal communication and project management skills are at the heart of this role as you work on a daily basis with manufacturers as they plan and execute their conformity assessment projects
Closes Tuesday, 5 January 2016
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 170 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Medical Devices department, working as a Technical Specialist within the Vascular Devices team. This role can be a home based role or office based across Europe ideally in the UK, France, Switzerland or Italy.