The BSI Group are looking for people to show an interest in joining their Medical Devices department, working as a Technical Specialist within the General Devices Team. This role can be a home based role or office based across Europe ideally in the UK, France, Switzerland or Italy.
- You’ll have experience with medical devices for either soft tissue reconstruction and repair, this will include one or more of the following technologies: films, gels, textile, hydrogels, creams, hydrocolloids, foams, silicone, super absorbers, haemostats, extra cellular matrices and composite dressings or experience with soft tissue implant medical devices and implants, including one or more of the following: breast implants, dural implants, meshes, fillers, sutures, surgical sealants, anchors, scaffolds, or cartilage and ligament repair.
- You may also have experience with wound closure technologies including sutures, clips or surgical sealant. You’ll have thorough knowledge of Medical Device regulations and ISO 13485, and have a broad technical understanding of the medical device industry.
- Have a conceptual and analytical way of thinking, be efficient and results orientated;
- Be a team player good at relationship building internally and externally.
|Location||Europe – Home-based|
|Salary||Up to £65,000 plus 15% bonus|
- This role offers real diversity and variety, building, controlling and managing a portfolio of Medical Device CE marking schemes focused around your area of expertise.
- In addition to reviewing and evaluating medical device technical documentation you could also be undertaking Medical Device QMS assessments or advising and mentoring colleagues in your areas of competence
- Strong inter-personal communication and project management skills are at the heart of this role as you work on a daily basis with manufacturers as they plan and execute their conformity assessment projects.
Closes Tuesday, 5 January 2016
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 172 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.