The National Brain Research Institute is the only institute in India dedicated to neuroscience research and education. Scientists and students of NBRC come from diverse academic backgrounds, including biological, computational, mathematical, physical, engineering and medical sciences, and use multidisciplinary approaches to understand the brain.
Located in the foothills of the Aravali range in Manesar, Haryana, NBRC is an autonomous institute funded by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, and is also a Deemed University.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
- Master’ Degree
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer applications / Pharmacy / Veterinary Science / Psychology / Engineering / Technology / Medicine from a recognized Institute / University.
- Candidates appearing for final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply Candidates with at least 55% (50% for SC / ST / PH candidates) marks or equivalent grade from secondary (10th) examination onwards will be considered. Candidates should calculate their percentage up to two decimal points to determine their eligibility.
How to Apply
- The Candidates can apply for admission to Ph.D or M.Sc. (Neuroscience) programmes at National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) either Online or Offline.
- For Online application form click the ‘Apply Online Tab’ and select the channel. Online applicants should pay the application fee through ‘SB-Collect’.
- Candidates who wish to apply by offline mode need to obtain application form from NBRC. In order to obtain the application form, send a self addressed A-4 size envelope affixed with 22/- postage stamps to Registrar, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar-122051 Dist. Gurgaon (Haryana). The last date for receipt of requests for hard copy of the application form is 15th February, 2016.
Application Fee: NA