The National Centre for Cell Sciences, Pune (NCCS) was established as a National Repository of Animal Cell Culture with a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/ hybridomas etc. It also conducts manpower development in animal tissue culture through training programmes/workshops and extends infrastructural facilities to researchers and institutions in biochemical sciences.
NCCS PhD Admission-2016
National Centre for Cell Sciences, Pune, invites application from eligible candidates for admissions to PhD programme of March-2016 session. The candidates should be bonafide Indian citizens, having consistently good academic record with strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D. degree and with eligibility mentioned below should apply for the same. Students with only post graduate degree and having valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/ DST-Inspire /BINC are eligible to apply. Students with post graduate degree who do not have a fellowship but are appearing for JGEEBILS examination conducted by NCBS/TIFR to be held on 13th December, 2015 are also eligible to apply. Shortlisted candidates from the JGEEBILS December, 2015 results based on NCCS criteria will be called for interview. Small number of fellowships will be provided by NCCS to the selected students, who do not have fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/DST-INSPIRE/BINC but have qualified JGEEBILS as per NCCS criteria. These fellowships will follow CSIR guidelines. Application to National Centre for Cell Sciences PhD programme does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview.
Shortlisted candidates fulfilling NCCS criteria will have to appear for interview to be held at NCCS during 1st to 3rd February, 2016. Detailed eligibility conditions are given here under.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Should have Masters (postgraduate) degree in any branch of Science with interest in pursuing research in Modern Biology and having at least 50% or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) and with a valid fellowship from CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC/ DST-Inspire /BINC, etc.
- Students with post graduate degree, who do not have individual fellowship but will appear for JGEEBILS exam to be conducted by NCBS/TIFR on 13th December, 2015 are eligible to apply. Students will be shortlisted based on JGEEBILS results by NCCS criteria for interview at NCCS. NCCS decision in this regard will be final. Please write your JGEEBILS December, 2015 Reference Code on the top of the application form at the designated place. III. All the eligible complete applications received within the last date will be screened and shortlisted candidates will be called for interview as per the schedule given below.
- Candidates who have qualified only for Lectureship in CSIR-UGC (NET) and the “Project List of ICMR” are not eligible.
- Other terms and conditions of the fellowship will be directed by the agency awarding the fellowship. The upper age limit for JRF shall be 28 years which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/Women/PH and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- Reservation will be as per Government of India guidelines
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who satisfy the above criteria may submit their typed application in the prescribed format (download from NCCS web site). The completed hardcopy application form along with the copies of M.Sc. marks statement and Fellowship certificate/admit card should reach the Dean (Academics), National Centre for Cell Science, University of Pune Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 007 on or before 20th November, 2015. SC/ST/OBC candidates should also attach true copy of Caste Certificate / Latest non-creamy layer certificate along with the application and originals should be produced at the time of Interview. An application fee of Rs. 100/- only (Rs. One hundred only) should be mailed along with the application form in the form of a Demand Draft payable to DIRECTOR, NCCS at PUNE. There is no application fee for SC/ST students.
- Personal interview will be held at NCCS, Pune of all shortlisted candidates as per NCCS criteria. Details of the interview process/schedule will be published on the NCCS website along with the list of shortlisted candidates on 05th January, 2016. Second class train fare by shortest route will be paid to only SC/ST Candidates as per rules. Candidates should make their own arrangements for stay at Pune. Selected candidates will need to stay for two days more for interaction and finalization of guide.