The National Institute of Animal Biotechnology is aimed to harness novel and emerging biotechnologies and take up research in the cutting edge areas for improving animal health and productivity. The Institute’s focus of research will be on Animal Genetics and Genomics, Transgenic Technology, Reproductive Biotechnology, Infectious Diseases, Bioinformatics and Nutrition Enrichment. The institute aims at translational research leading to the development of novel vaccines, diagnostics and improved therapeutic molecules for farm animals. The Institute plans to promote bio entrepreneurship by providing support environment for commercial tenants involved in the development of farm animal based products.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course
Eligibility for Admissions:
- To be eligible all candidates must have an MBBS or Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, Veterinary Science or Agriculture from a recognized University, Institute.
- Applicants must have qualified CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/ ICAR/ INSPIRE NET JRF/ UGC-RGNF (for SC/ST candidates) or have qualified BINC examination conducted by the DBT with fellowship or GATE (All India Top 50 Ranks in Biotechnology [BT], Life Sciences [XL] or Chemistry [CY] or JEST.
- Candidates having qualified for the project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/[which is only for a period of two years ] / DBT JRF NET with a B. Tech [Biotechnology] degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- MBBS and M.Sc qualified candidates are exempted from any of the eligibility tests mentioned herein but must be below the age of 28 years as on the last date for receipt of application.
- It is anticipated that the selection including interviews will be conducted in Hyderabad in January 2016.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the shortlisted applicants in this regard.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates need to register their names for Research Scholars Program –II –2015 by applying in the prescribed application form (online or by hard copy).
- The online facility of application will open on 25-11-2015 and will be closed on 28-12-2015.
- Applications may also be made on plain paper as per the prescribed format.
- Candidates applying off-line may send their application form along with the certificates in support of Date of Birth, Educational qualifications, Caste and NET Fellowship etc., to “The Senior Manager, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), D. No. 1-121/1, 4th and 5th Floors, Axis Clinicals Building, Opp. to Cine Town, Miyapur, Hyderabad, Telangana, India PIN: 500 049”, so as to reach before 31-12-2015.
Application Fee: NA