The National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) has been established as an autonomous institution by the Government of India, under the aegis of the Department of Biotechnology. This is the first institution in India explicitly devoted to research, training, translation & service and capacity-building in biomedical genomics.
Applications are invited for Post Doctorate Admissions in Biomedical Genomics including Statistical Genomics at NIBMG. Research on Biomedical Genomics encompasses research on all aspects of genetics and genomics in relation to human health and disease.
- Genomics of cancer and other complex diseases
- Host-genomics of infections
- Statistical & computational genomics
Please apply online via websiteNIBMG (no other form of application will be accepted). Online application will be accepted until 5 PM of May 8, 2015. A formal interview of the short-listed candidates will be held on June 9, 2015.
An applicant should have passed the NET conducted by CSIR/UGC/ICMR/DBT within the past ONE year AND should have been
awarded a valid Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (Category-I only), DST (INSPIRE), NBHM. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable research training in the form of summer training or short-term courses in established research laboratories in preparation for a research career in biomedical sciences.
Additional eligibility conditions for specific areas of research are:
- Statistical Genomics : An applicant who wishes to pursue research in Statistical Genomics should hold a Master’s degree (First class or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline).
- Biomedical Genomics : An applicant who wishes to pursue research in any area of biomedical genomics, other than statistical genomics, should hold a Master’s degree (First class or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Zoology, Physiology, or a related discipline).