The National Institute of Plant Genome Research (formerly known as National Centre for Plant Genome Research) is an autonomous institution aided by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. The Institute’s establishment coincides with the 50th anniversary of India’s independence as well as birth anniversary of Prof. (Dr.) J. C. Bose. The formal announcement was made on November 30th 1997. This Institute has already placed India among the major contributors to plant genomics. It is hoped that in coming years, the ongoing efforts of NIPGR will allow India to emerge as one of the most important national and international resource institutes for material, knowledge and technologies in the areas of functional, structural, evolutionary and applied genomics of plants, including crop plants.
Courses offerred for Admissions:
- PhD Course – Advanced research in the frontier areas of Plant Biology such as, Computational Biology, Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping, Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress Responses, Nutritional Genomics, Plant Development and Architecture, Plant Immunity, Transgenics for Crop improvement, Molecular Breeding and other emerging areas based on plant genomics
Eligibility for Admissions:
- Completed or will be completing M. Sc. or equivalent degree (by August 31, 2016) in Life Sciences and/or in related disciplines with minimum 55% marks
- Cleared the CSIR-UGC NET exam/DBT-JRF (selected through BET/BINC)/ICMR NET exam for JRF (with a Junior Research Fellowship valid at-least upto December 31, 2016)
How to Apply
- Candidates should submit the Application Form online (in the prescribed format) and to take a printout of the same and send it by Speed Post/Registered Post to the address given below alongwith requisite documents and application fee in the form of Demand Draft so as to reach on or before May 23, 2016 (Monday) by 05.30 p.m.. The application fee is not refundable. The online link for application is available at http://nipgr.ac.in/admission/forms.php. It may further be ensured that:
- Each page of the downloaded printed application should be signed by the candidate.
- The printed application must be accompanied with application fee in the form of a crossed Demand Draft for 300/- in favor of Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, payable at New Delhi (Demand draft of 100/- is acceptable from SC/ST candidates provided relevant documentary proof is enclosed).
- Printed online application should be accompanied by self-attested copies of certificates and mark sheets, along with Fellowship (proof) Award Letter/Admit Card.
- Two passport size recent coloured photographs should be enclosed. One of these should be signed by the candidate and pasted on the application form, while the other should be enclosed.
- Completed application along with enclosures and Demand Draft should be sent to “The Director, National Institute of Plant Genome Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Post Box No. 10531, New Delhi-110 067” so as to reach on or before May 23, 2016.
- Incomplete/direct offline applications and those received after the closing date will not be entertained. The decision of the Institute will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- NIPGR will not provide any travel expenses to candidates appearing for interview.
- Applications must enclose documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) if applicable, along with other specified enclosures
Application Fee: Rs 300
Deadline: May 23, 2016 (Monday) on or before 05.30 p.m.