Panacea Drugs Pvt. Ltd., one of the three largest biotech companies in India, was set up in the year 1984 and listed in 1995 as Panacea Biotec Ltd. It is a pharmaceutical and health management company involved in research, manufacturing, and marketing of pharmaceutical formulations, vaccines, and natural products based in India. With the vision of becoming No.1 Biotechnology Company by 2020, Panacea Biotec Ltd. is expanding in each & evert aspect of business.
Research and Development Department employs innovative research techniques and tools to provide improved or new biologicals for prevention or treatment of infectious diseases and life style related disorders and has been a great strength for the company. R&D teams employ hardcore molecular biology strategies, cell culture and genetic engineering technologies to offer best in class or first in class product through use of mammalian cell expression system, bacterial expression system or viral vector expression system to meet unmet medical needs.
Key Focus Areas:
- New Chemical Entities (NCE)
- New Biological Entities (NBE)
- Novel Drug Delivery System (NDDS) based pharmaceutical formulations
- Novel peptides & human monoclonal antibodies
- Vaccine development
Panacea Biotec Ltd. has 4 ultra-modern, state-of-art R&D centres with internal capabilities for constant research. Over 300 highly professional and skilled scientists engaged in various aspects of research in these centres.
Research and Development
- Onestream Biopharmaceutical R & D Centre, New Delhi
- Pre–Clinical Research
- Clinical Research
- Ethical Practices for Biologicals Research and Development activities
Biologicals Manufacturing Facilities
- Bulk Antigen Manufacturing Facility at Lalru, Punjab, India
- Vaccine Formulation Facilities
- Vaccine Formulation Facility at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Vaccine Formulation Facility at New Delhi, Delhi , India
|Traded as||BSE: 531349; NSE: PANACEABIO|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Key people||Soshil Kumar (Executive Chairman of the Board, Ravinder Jain (Managing Director), Dr. Rajesh Jain (Joint Managing Director), Sandeep Jain (Joint Managing Director)|
|Products||Pharmaceuticals, generic drugs, vaccine|
|Number of employees|