The AstraZeneca is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Principle Scientist who has expertise in immunoassay development & validation in-line with FDA/EMA bioanalytical guidance.
- A PhD or equivalent in biochemistry/biotechnology or a related discipline
- Expertise in immunoassay development & validation in-line with FDA/EMA bioanalytical guidance
- Excellent knowledge of factors which drive assay performance to support troubleshooting and QC
- Understanding of colorimetric and electrochemical immunoassay technologies and platforms including: MSD, Gyros, SpectraMax
- A proven record of influencing and collaborating with external partners
- An ability to quickly comprehend the biomarker science in new projects across a range of disease areas
- Manage a portfolio of projects
- A record of scientific excellence demonstrated by publications, patents and the delivery of biomarker data to projects
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, confident team player, assertive but willing to listen and to seek and learn from the views of others
- Experience of working on clinical trials
- Familiarity with clinical diagnostic immunoassays and technology platforms
- Worked within a technically regulated environment, preferentially GCP
- Knowledge of other clinical laboratory quality systems, such as CLIA
- Practical experience of Flow-Cytometry and Mass-Spectrometry would be an advantage
|Discipline||Chemistry, Biochemistry, Quality Control/QA, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology|
- The role holder will work with internal and external partners in a global, multi-disciplinary environment to identify appropriate testing platforms and assay development strategies, and subsequently design and lead scientific experiments to deliver decision making biomarker data to clinical projects.
- A key objective will also be to work with external laboratory testing networks to enable delivery in a clinical study setting. Quality controlling data for ongoing clinical biomarker studies will also be your responsibility.
- To work at the Associate/Principal Scientist level the individual will have both a strong strategic and tactical understanding of how biomarkers align to pharmaceutical development. The role holder will be accountable for ensuring that all activities are delivered demonstrating the behaviours and values aligned to AstraZeneca Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and procedures, including compliant management of budget, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE).
Deadline: Friday, 30 October 2015
AstraZeneca’s Personalised Healthcare and Biomarkers (PHB) function focuses on matching medicines to those patients who will benefit from them most. You will be responsible for delivering validated immunoassays and data that align with the drug development process and enhance biomarker and personalised healthcare approaches in our drug portfolio.