The ICRISAT is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Research Associate to be based at Patancheru, Telangana, India. This is a nationally recruited position. Candidate should also have expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems.
- PhD in related field like Biotechnology/Genomics/Genetics/Life Sciences with working experience of functional genomics
- Expertise in Unix/Linux operating systems and administration
- Knowledge of statistical analysis languages such as R
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages (either Perl, Python) will be additional advantage
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
- Publications in related field (RNAseq/NGS) will be preferred
- Genomics data analysis, specifically on NGS transcriptome data analysis
- Designing and implementing transcriptomic studies, especially RNAseq experiments including routine wet lab practices like RNA extraction, library construction for RNAseq studies
- Assist in introgression breeding and marker assisted backcrossing
- Analyzing the trancriptome data with standard open source data analysis pipeline(s) and further interpretation with standard tools
- Contribute to project report writing and preparation of posters, research publications
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.