The Imperial College London has invited applications for a Research Associate position in the Department of Life Sciences within the Faculty of Natural Sciences. To conduct the research, the successful candidate will join the Research group of Dr. Mark Isalan, based at the South Kensington Campus of Imperial College London. The group specialises in systems biology research, working in model systems including canine cell lines. This is a 6 month position only and requires advanced skills in all of the following: canine cell culture, computational modelling of spatiotemporal patterning, RNA-seq data analysis and constructing growth factor protein fusions.
- You must have a PhD (or equivalent) in Biochemistry, molecular biology, Biotechnology or a related field.
- Extensive experience in gene network engineering in canine cells, experience in 3D canine cell culture and manipulation, computational modelling of spatiotemporal patterning with the ability to develop models independently are essential.
- You must also have experience in RNA-seq data analysis and experience in designing and constructing growth factor Protein fusions with altered properties. Experience of working in a highly interdisciplinary research group and collaborating with experimentalists and biologists is also essential.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to write clearly and succinctly for publication.
- You must also be able to work as part of a team, be open-minded and to be cooperative. The ability to develop and apply new concepts, have a creative approach to problem-solving, be able work independently, prioritise and organise your own work with minimal supervision, in response to deadlines are essential.
|Employer||Imperial College London|
|Salary||Salary £33,860 – £42,830 per annum|
Their preferred method of application is online via official notice. Please download the following application form and save to your computer. Once completed, please upload your application form prior to submitting your application. Please note that CVs should only be submitted for Academic posts and must be accompanied by an application form. For all other posts, including Research and Administrative and Support posts, please submit an application form only, unless requested otherwise.
Imperial College London is a science-based university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines. Located in the heart of London, Imperial is a multidisciplinary space for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle global challenges.