The University of Newcastle is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Research Coordinator and Funding Development Manager who has extensive experience in business development.
- Degree (or equivalent in-depth knowledge in e.g. Life Sciences) plus substantial commercial, university project development activity or technical experience.
- Proven track record in business development functions working with or on behalf of Pharma, Biotechnology, MedTech, NHS and Academic accounts.
|Employer||University of Newcastle|
|Salary||£38,511 – £40,847|
- Generation and delivery of a portfolio of research projects to support biomedical and health research across the North of England.
- Managing, preparing, and submitting proposals for major programmes of research with national funding bodies.
- Work with internal teams to develop and close high value projects aligned with internal requirements and goals.
Closing Date: 13th November 2015
The Northern Health Science Alliance Ltd (NHSA) is a new health partnership established by the leading Universities, NHS Hospital Trusts and Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) in the North of England. The NHSA is globally unique in its approach, linking eight universities, eight NHS teaching Trusts and four AHSNs that encompass a patient population of over 15 million people. The NHSA secured £2.9m from the Higher Education Funding Council for England earlier this year and is now recruiting the inaugural delivery team to build on the successes achieved in the first 18 months of establishment. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive and working closely with senior clinical, academic, industry and policy stakeholders this new team will play an important role in the future direction of the Northern Health Science Alliance. The positions will be based within one of our member organisations or within our London office with the expectation for regular travel across the region to engage our NHSA partners and local and international business.