The Syngene is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Research Investigator in Biotransformation.
- PhD and postdoctoral experience in a relevant field and two years of relevant experience.
- Expert in handling a mass spectrometer
- Expert in biotransformation fundamentals and enzymology.
- Expert in conducting metabolite identification experiments
- Well versed in identifying reactive metabolites and advising the team in avoidance strategies
- Understanding of advanced biotransformation studies such as bile duct cannulated studies and reaction phenotyping.
- Basic understanding of lead optimization in drug discovery.
- Basic understanding of inhibition and metabolic stability assays.
|Salary||INR 60,000 – 3,00,000 P.A|
- Project Responsibilities: Provide comprehensive biotransformation support to assigned programs starting from carrying out experiments, analyzing data, preparing presentations, discussing with key stakeholders and presenting to the discovery team. Participating in relevant meetings and proactively proposing experiments to understand or improve molecule properties from a biotransformation perspective. Perform all this within defined time lines and meeting defined quality expectations.
- Group Responsibilities: Provide leadership within the group which involves mentoring associates in biotransformation, drug discovery and instrumentation and providing them with day to day guidance and long term development. Take accountability and responsibility for smooth group operations including instrument maintenance and upgrades, inventory management and metric tracking. Assist in sharing and inculcating best practices across the group.
- Capability Development Responsibilities: Work on exploratory and capability development projects as relevant to the organization. Manage and delegate these projects and provide own vision and guidance to these projects.
- Metabolism Responsibilities: Interact with the metabolism group to be familiar with their assays and provide bench level, technical and conceptual support as needed.
Incorporated in the year 1994, Syngene International is one of India’s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompasses all across discovery chain: early stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built up facilities. Over the past 16 years, Syngene has successfully partnered with leading pharmaceutical companies, large biotech companies, crop protection companies and cosmetics companies. Syngene together with Bristol-Myers Squibb has set up a dedicated research facility in Bangalore to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb’s work in discovery and early drug development.