The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Research Scientist to provide technical support for Primary cell isolations, novel assay set up, development and validation for bio-service team in India and lead pre-clinical services for domestic / international clients.
- Candidate should have a M Sc or an equivalent degree in life science with >5 years of work experience in related industry.
- The successful candidate should have strong experience in primary cell isolation and assay development. Experience in developing 3D models is an added advantage.
- Experience with automation and high throughput screening is highly desirable.
- A desire to work independently, and in a project team environment, are both critical.
- This individual should understand GLP and GMP regulations.
- Assay development – Responsibilities will include providing technical input to new trends of assays, anticipate major trends of assays in demand by CRP service providers to pharma/consumer care clients, developing novel cell-based assays and executing them in high throughput screens using a variety of readout technologies.
- Isolation of primary cells from various tissues. Experience in developing 3D-models will be an added advantage.
- Assays with primary normal/ diseased human cells: To develop difficult functional assays with primary human normal/diseased cells. Efficacy and toxicity assays for consumer/personal care clients using primary cells.
- Routine screening assays: Experience with GPCR, calcium uptake, ATP, cAMP assays for pharma clients.
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities