The Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Scientist on the ICMR ad-hoc research project entitled: “Field and laboratory based validation of Mobile lab (Labike & Suitcase model) against Gold standard methods” for a period of one year.
- Master’s Degree with PhD Degree in Life Sciences or Biology equivalent from a recognized University.
- Post Doctoral research experience, experience/ skill in scientific writing, handling of Data base, knowledge of Computers, publications
|Employer||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital|
|Salary||Rs. 48,000 p.m +30% HRA|
How to apply:
- Applications are invited on plain paper for the purely temporary post of Scientist (Non-Medical), Lab Technicians & Data Operator cum Statistical Assistant upto 28 Jan 2017 in room no. 421 Dept. of Community Medicine, VMMC.
- Selection process: Interview will be conducted to the eligible candidates and the final results will be displayed on our website.
- Candidates will bring all original documents of educational qualifications, experience, OBC/SC/ST Community certificates along with one set of photocopies of the same duly attested along with a passport size photograph for attending the Interview.
- Date of Interview – 28th January 2017
- Time of Interview – 09:00 AM
- Venue of Interview – VMMC 4th floor
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College was established at Safdarjung Hospital by the Government of India in November, 2001. Its inauguration was done by the then Honourable Prime Minister Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 17th December, 2001 in presence of Sh.L.K.Advani, Sh. C. P. Thakur and Founder Principal Dr. Jagdish Prasad. The College building was dedicated to the Nation by the Vice President Sh. M. Hamid Ansari on 20th Nov. 2007 in the presence of Honourable Health Minister Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss. The first batch of MBBS students was admitted in February, 2002. Post-graduate courses (MD/MS) in clinical subjects were running at Safdarjung Hospital even before the establishment of VMMC. The (MD/MS) course in Pre and Para clinical subjects were started in year 2011. Over the period of time, the numbers of MD/MS seats have been increased. The College also is running super specialization (Mch/DM).
Safdarjung Hospital was founded in 1942 during the Second World War as a Base Hospital for the allied forces. It was taken over by the Govt. of India in 1954 under the Ministry of Health. It has grown over the years into one of the largest, tertiary, level multi-disciplinary healthcare institutions in this part of the World. Based on the needs and developments in Medical Care, the hospital has been regularly upgrading its facilities from diagnostic and therapeutic aspects in all the specialities. The hospital which started with only 204 beds now has 1531 authorized beds. The hospital provides medical care to millions of citizens not only of Delhi and the neighbouring states but also to people of neighbouring countries.