The Philip Morris International (PMI) is looking for Scientist a passionate individual with a PhD in Biochemistry or similar discipline, as well as substantial experience in lipid biochemistry, and mass-spectrometry-based fundamental research in lipid biology. Knowledge of biotech and data integration with other “omics” modalities (proteomics, transcriptomics) is a plus. In addition, you have already worked in a project-oriented/deadline-driven team environment, possess strong communication and presentation skills, and are fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking combustible cigarettes
- PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking combustible cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and approval, as is the case in the USA today.
- PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site
- Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate. No PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
|Employer||Philip Morris International (PMI)|
|Location||Neuchâtel, Canton of Neuchâtel (CH), Switzerland|
- Contribute to the study design for the analysis of in vitro, in vivo and clinical samples using lipidomics approaches.
- Perform lipids analysis using shotgun and targeted LC MS/MS for discovery and verification (knowledge of Orbitraps is desirable)
- Contribute to publications and presentations at internal and external meetings.
- Conduct lipidomics analysis in a variety of sample types ranging from biological matrices to tissues cell lysates.
Closes Monday, 21 March 2016
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 international brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 markets. In 2014, the company held an estimated 15.6% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.6% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.