The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Scientist – Method Development & Validation to perform Flawless execution of laboratory techniques for the analysis of antibodies and other recombinant proteins being manufactured.
- Appropriate degree in biological sciences or relevant previous experience.
- Demonstrated experience of performing analytical methods (e.g. SDS PAGE, IEF and HPLC based methods)
- Knowledge and application of Good Manufacturing Practice principles
- Desire to learn and improve ways of working
- Is a team player and proactively seeks additional responsibilities
- Support a culture of right first time and continuous improvement
- Takes ownership of their work, identifies obvious errors and inconsistency in data generated
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- To perform experimental work with minimal supervision
- To plan and complete assigned tasks within the required timeframe
- To communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager and/or scientific lead as appropriate
- To collate data, sign off routine assays and prepare data tables
- To participate in trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required
- Understand & comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements
Closes Tuesday, 23 February 2016
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities.