The Lonza is looking for a talented individual to join the Purification Development team as Scientist at Lonza, Slough. The main focus of this role is to perform virus validation studies to demonstrate the effectiveness of purification processes for the reduction of viruses.
- BSc / PhD in Biotechnology or in a relevant scientific discipline and appropriate laboratory experience.
- Theoretical knowledge of protein chemistry and protein purification
- Strong practical laboratory skills in protein purification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- IT proficient (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of GLP / GMP
- Experience / knowledge of virus clearance studies and scale-down models
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Plan and design own experiments with guidance from study director
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of own projects with particular attention to safety, quality, on time and right first time
- Analyse protein samples by a variety of analytical techniques
- Escalate technical issues in a timely fashion
- Ensure that experimental details, raw data and results are recorded as appropriately
- Collate, analyse and evaluate data to produce good quality process information
Closes Thursday, 18 February 2016
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities