The Roche is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Senior MSAT Engineer Upstream Processing who has a very good knowledge in pharmaceutical quality and cGMP requirements.
- MSc (or similar) in a scientific or technical discipline, preferably in bioprocess or (bio-)chemical engineering
- Strong background in biotechnological upstream processing with knowledge of pharmaceutical quality and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements and with proven experience in industry
- Skills and interest in statistics for conducting process and experimental data analysis. Knowledge of corresponding advanced statistical methods and IT-Tools would be an asset (eg. multivariate data analysis, statistical process control, design of experiments)
- General Knowledge of IT systems, databases and programming is an asset
- Good command of German is an asset
|Discipline||Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Maths & IT|
- Technical and scientific (MSAT) support of upstream processing operations at the Basel biotech manufacturing site to ensure robustness and efficiency of manufacturing processes
- Planning, execution and/or coordination of activities for manufacturing support, process data analysis, trouble-shooting, technical optimization and innovation projects at lab and pilot scale
- Participation and/or leadership of technical best practice sharing and technology innovation projects across the global biologics drug substance manufacturing network
- Lead technology transfer upstream processing sub-team supporting implementation of new processes in manufacturing operations
- Technical and coordinative supervision of trainees and students in optimization and innovation projects
Basel Biotech Manufacturing produces Biotech-APIs (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) for commercial and clinical supply. The Production Enabling department in Basel supports the ongoing production in Building 95 and in future Building 91, e.g. trouble shooting activities, support of process transfers from partners (internal and external) into Basel Biotech Manufacturing, and the evaluation of new manufacturing technologies which support a continuous process improvement. Besides that Production Enabling is very active in various network groups such as the Manufacturing Process Evolution Team (MPET).
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.