The Indian Agricultural Research Institute is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Senior Research Fellow under the ICAR funded project on “Incentivizing Research in Agriculture: Genetic modification to improve biological nitrogen fixation’’ (in bacteria).
- M.Sc. in Agrl Microbiology/Biochemistry/Biotec hnology/ Life Sciences. Those with 3 years bachelor’s degree must have UGC/CSIR/ICAR NET or GATE qualification or equivalent or Ph.D. in any of above disciplines or equivalent/Ph.D in any of the above disciplines or integrated (B.Tech+M.Tech.,5years) in relevant subject. Kindly see the following ICAR memorandum for details F. No. Agri. Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 13.07.2015 and F. No. Agri. 2 Edn./6/27/2014/HRD Dated 09.10.2015)
- Demonstrated experience in basic molecular biological techniques, gene cloning, gene function and characterization.
- Basic bioinformatics tools of sequence analysis, expression analysis.
- 35 years for men & 40 years for women (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Govt. rules)
|Employer||Indian Agricultural Research Institute|
|Salary||Rs. 25,000 + 30% HRA for 1st and second year and Rs. 28,000/+HRA for 3rd year.|
How to apply:
- All the postions are purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis initially for a period of one year, which may be extended periodically subject to performance till the termination of the project.
- The selected candidate shall not claim regular appointment at this Institute, as the post is coterminous with the project.
- The interview of eligible candidates will be held on 09- 06-2016 at 10.00 AM in the Committee Room, Division of Microbiology, IARI, and New Delhi 110012
- Reporting time: 09.30 AM to 10.30 AM in PG Lecture room, Division of Microbiology, IARI, New Delhi 110012. Candidates reporting after 10.30AM shall not be considered for interview SRF position. Reporting time for Office assistant and unskilled labour position: 02.00 PM .Interview will start at 2.30 PM.
- The candidates will have to bring a copy of bio-data, brief note on how they can contribute to the present project, original certificates and selfattested photocopies with one recent passport size photograph. The original or provisional degree of award of M.Sc/ Ph.D/NET/GATE essentially to be brought while attending the interview, failing which candidate will not be allowed to attend the interview.
- The candidates are required to submit the application at the time of interview in the format annexed along with the declaration. Candidates applying for S. No 1. SRF position: They may email a copy to Dr. K. Annapurna at firstname.lastname@example.org Format for Bio data and a brief note on how they can contribute to the present project (to be submitted on the day of interview) 1. Name with self-attested passport size photo, 2. Father’s name, 3. Date of birth, 4. Present and permanent address, contact telephone no. and email ID 5. Category: SC/ST/OBC/GEN, 6. Qualification details (Institute, year and marks in class 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation 7. Research experience with supporting documents, 8. Publications, if any 9. No Objection Certificate from Employer, if applicable 9. Any other additional information.
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute IARI is the country’s premier national Institute for agricultural research, education and extension. It has the status of a ‘Deemed-to-be-University’ under the UGC Act of 1956, and awards M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in various agricultural disciplines. The growth of India’s Agriculture during the past nearly 100 years, is closely linked with the researches done and technologies generated by the Institute. The Green Revolution stemmed from the fields of IARI.