The Lonza is looking for experienced project management professional to join as a Senior Scientific Program Manager. This is a permanent position which will be based out of our Development and Manufacturing facility in Slough, UK.
- Extensive experience of program / project management within a scientific environment.
- Significant customer facing experience
- Proven and demonstrated leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills – you must be a highly effective communicator with skills to influence, persuade and gain the cooperation of others at all levels within a matrix management business environment.
- Attention to detail, excellent presentation skills and knowledge of different problem solving techniques.
- Ability to chair meetings professionally and efficiently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- An acknowledged Project Management qualification or accreditation would be an advantage.
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
- Serve as the single point of contact for all operational aspects of the program
- Be responsible for project profitability and all financial aspects of projects managed. This includes cost control to ensure the expected profitability is achieved, invoicing, timely secure of future PO’s and production forecast updates.
- Manage project scope. Obtain commitment to the project scope and timelines from the project team, relevant stakeholders and the customer. Ensure that all are working in accordance to the agreed plan throughout the project lifecycle
- Establish and agree a project governance structure and use to manage the timely escalation of critical project issues.
- Execute relevant sections of the S&OP process.
- Establish mid-to-long term program strategy in conjunction with Sales & Commercial Development
Closes Thursday, 18 February 2016
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities.