The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Senior Scientific Program / Project Manager who has experience in dealing with Clients and excellent presentation skills. This is a permanent position which will be based out of our Development and Manufacturing facility in Slough, UK. As a Senior Program Manager you will lead multi-disciplinary project teams in the successful delivery of customer projects ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Also as a Manager, you will lead project execution following deal closure and will be responsible for project initiation, planning, execution and control.
- Extensive experience as a program / project manager within a scientific environment.
- Significant customer facing experience.
- Proven and demonstrated leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills – you must be a highly effective communicator with skills to influence, persuade and gain the cooperation of others at all levels within a matrix management business environment.
- Attention to detail, excellent presentation skills and knowledge of different problem solving techniques
- Ability to chair meetings professionally and efficiently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- An acknowledged Project Management qualification or accreditation would be an advantage.
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Serve as the single point of contact for all operational aspects of the program
- Be responsible for project profitability and all financial aspects of projects managed. This includes cost control to ensure the expected profitability is achieved, invoicing, timely secure of future PO’s and production forecast updates.
- Manage project scope. Obtain commitment to the project scope and timelines from the project team, relevant stakeholders and the customer. Ensure that all are working in accordance to the agreed plan throughout the project lifecycle.
- Establish and agree a project governance structure and use to manage the timely escalation of critical project issues.
- Execute relevant sections of the S&OP process.
- Establish mid-to-long term program strategy in conjunction with Sales & Commercial Development.