The AstraZeneca is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Senior Scientist to help identify molecules with the “Right Safety” profile.
- Postgraduate qualification in biological sciences or chemistry.
- Experience with design and execution of in vitro and / or in vivo experiments to determine the effects of therapeutics on biological systems.
- Solid understanding of the drug discovery and development process, including but not limited to safety and toxicology
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- A team player with a collaborative approach.
- Results orientated, and able to focus on detail when required.
- Knowledge of Ames, in vitro and in vivo Micronucleus tests would be helpful, though training can be given.
- Experience of conducting lab based safety assessments.
- As a Senior Scientist – Discovery Safety you’ll be mainly laboratory based, conducting genetic toxicology studies and understanding the practices, principles and concepts associated with reviewing, planning, conducting, validating, and reporting a variety of studies.
AstraZeneca is a science-led, global biopharmaceutical company, with a focused portfolio in core therapies. They are committed to improving the health and lives of people across the globe, through their broad research and development platform, and a growing late-stage pipeline. Working in over 100 countries, They have strength in emerging markets, and their medicines are used by millions of patients and clinicians worldwide.