The Lonza is looking for an interested candidate for the position of Senior Scientist who has a good laboratory experience with cell culture.
- Phd or BSc in relevant scientific / technical discipline and appropriate laboratory experience within cell culture
- Demonstrable performance and track record of success
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and effectively to Customers / external / internal audiences
- Questioning mind set
- Role model for best practise
- Demonstrable ability to troubleshoot including simple root cause analysis
- Demonstrable IT skills, MS Office
|Location||Slough, Berkshire (GB)|
|Discipline||Life Sciences, Biotechnology|
- Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of multiple projects (safety,quality, right first time, on time) including completion of project dashboards.
- Execution of complex or non-standard projects
- Write reports to an agreed standard suitable for final review by project lead
- Critically review and interpret raw data & information to produce good quality process knowledge
- Initiate problem solving / trouble shooting activities and escalate as appropriate
- Develop a network in the scientific community (internally (ie within Lonza) and externally)
Closes Monday, 4 January 2016
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredient markets. They harness science and technology to create products that make people’s and animals’ lives healthier and that enhance the overall quality of life and well-being. Their products and services range from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens, from the manufacture of vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural services and products.
The company is organized into two market-focused segments: Pharma & Biotech and Specialty Ingredients. The core competencies that span these segments are advanced manufacturing and quality-control systems, superior regulatory expertise, in-depth market knowledge, and extensive technical customer-support and R&D capabilities